In the process of completing a large delivery to a major Asian Bakery, W&K-Automation GmbH has tackled the modernization of the “Petit Levain” small fermenters.
Our compact Micro OCS Series X7 controller with 7″ full colour touchscreen was chosen to improve this application. The X7 is the fourth product of the streamlined Micro OCS Series of embedded I/O controllers. All units feature a built-in logic engine, operator interface, networking and I/O.
The new design for this application has made it even easier to edit recipes and follow the entire fermentation process. In addition to the standard cooling, the machine can now be optionally equipped with a heater for improved thermal regulation.
The following improvements have been made to the overall application since the X7 has been integrated:
- Continuously adjustable intensity via the new frequency converter including clockwise and anticlockwise rotation.
- Temperature curves can now be tracked (which is very important for the fermentation process).
- Optional expansion of weight scale transducers for dosing and filling is easily done (Modbus/Analog)
- Integration of a water mixing system is possible using the HSC and analogue inputs
- Can be expanded with time-controlled start-up
- Language switching is a possibility
- Future update possibility via SD Card
- Improved alarm overviews and error descriptions.