For this solution, Datamech implemented the controller and it’s programming for Talia Properties EOOD in Greece. The expected lifespan for this solution is over 20 years.
The requirements for this solution included:
- Use of a compact unit
- Remote access
- Multiple I/O
- To achieve best performance from the machine
The Horner eXL6 (HEXE371C114) was chosen for this solution. All Horner eXL6 units feature a built-in logic engine, operator interface, networking, and I/O. Further valuable features of this XL series model include:
- 640×480 LCD TFT colour graphics display with a high-resolution resistive touchscreen
- 4 function keys and a system key
- USB 2.0 On-the-Go port (mini-B 5pin) is available for programming.
- USB 2.0 Host port (A) is available for exchanging files with USB FLASH drives.
- Two (2) RS-232 and one (1) RS-485 port support RTU/Modbus Master/Slave, ASCII In/Out, and PLC/Drive downloadable protocols
The most useful features and the main reasons DataMech chose it for this application were its communication options, small compact size and screen-size and resolution. This application also leveraged Datalogging, Horner’s cost-effective analogue I/O, all-in-one-features and product configuration protocol.
There was also a benefit from the ability to use Advanced Ladder in Cscape, Horner’s free PLC programming software. Cscape gives the ability to integrate the development of the screens and the logic together.
Now the manufacturer of the machines and his customers are pleased with the choice of Horner products. Changes can be made easily if required by remotely connecting to the clients PC. The customer needs only to connect ethernet to the controller and DataMech can very simply and remotely make any necessary changes or tests. It is also very easy to move the program from an old controller to new one with the micro SD card feature in case of an issue.