SARPI ThinkTech chose the Horner XL4 Prime-C112 to completely revamp their press filter application from an electro-mechanical cabinet into a fully automated cabinet.
The main aims of this revamp included.:
- To Save time
- To increase the ease of use for the press filter
- To allow for communication using SCADA
The XL4 Prime’s All-in-One solution, with the built in HMI and I/O’s made it the best choice for SARPI ThinkTech for this application. The colour touch screen, data logging, easy communications and native Modbus TCP protocol were more advantages of the XL4 Prime.
XL4 Prime features include:
- Logic engine features 1MB of application memory with a 0.02mS/K logic scan.
- Online Programming Mode (making logic changes on the fly without going thru stop mode) is supported.
- Operator Interface features include a 320×240 LCD TFT color graphics display with a high resolution resistive touchscreen, 4 function keys and a system key
- A USB 2.0 On-the-Go port (mini-B 5pin) is available for programming.
- A USB 2.0 Host port (A) is available for exchanging files with USB FLASH drives.
- One (1) RS-232 and one (1) 485 port support RTU/Modbus Master/Slave, ASCII In/Out, and PLC/Drive downloadable protocols.
- Networking features include a built-in 10/100 Ethernet port, and an integrated CsCAN port.
- All units feature a microSD slot, supporting at least 32GB.
Horner’s free Cscape software was another advantage. Configuring all your automation applications has never been easier with Horner’s Cscape Software. You can customize your application with hundreds of available options, including unprecedented onboard I/O capability and expanded remote I/O. Horner’s increased symbol clarity and enhanced audio/video equate to empowered productivity and better efficiency.
Cscape features a powerful free-form, drag and drop ladder editor, and provides hundreds of functions to support conversion, string handling, advanced math, flow control, data logging and more.
Specifically, this application used programming with IEC: LD and SFC.
Now, thanks to the changeover to the Horner XL4 Prime, it is now possible to control the press filter with SCADA and the press filter can now work alone at night without an operator increasing the overall efficiency of the application.